The ten most popular questions from the Ask Hydra post have been selected and put to the main man himself. There’s been some minor editing where necessary and where multiple questions were asked in a single comment, I tried to select the most interesting question. Thank you for all your questions and enjoy.
1. Hydra, will you ever play with Kalimist @ AT (3.3.5 private realm)? Perhaps a AT movie.
A: I play with loads of different people atm, we tend to just play with whoever is online and wants to play some. As for a movie, I’m always trying to make new stuff so we’ll see.
2. If you could go back in time to the day young Ryan bought world of warcraft, excited and all, would you try and stop yourself from buying the game? if so – why, if not – why.
A: If i could go back in time I’d terminate Ghostcrawler and demolish activision HQ. Nah but in all seriousness I’ve met some great people and had some awesome times and I have no idea where I’d be today without it. I’m sure my life would be a lot more boring and even if I did regret anything, what would be the point? Regrets are a waste of time.
3. Hydra 10?
A: Hydra 11?
4. What do you think about some WoW e-stars leaving the game like Woundman, Reckful, Unmercey? Do you think it’s because the game went bad and blizzard fucked it up? Or it’s because those guys were bored after 5 or 6 years of high level gaming?
A: Almost all the high level players have quit because the game is a joke now. The people emerging are what i like to call enigmz syndrome – some people may remember my bag of crisps analogy; take away all the big crisps and shake the bag and all the crumbs gather in one corner. These crumbs are today’s top players and they only reason they havn’t quit too is because they are all so drunk on their new found stardom to realise how awful the game has become.
5. What keeps you going? You have nothing to prove, you’re widely regarded as the best player that has ever been, why do you carry on with this pile o’ shit game? Or is it all coming to an end?
A: People mostly. Plus I enjoy the occasional RMP game, 85 or otherwise. Also I feel I should give back to the community and share my knowledge as much as I can in the hopes that Blizzard one day come to their senses!.
6. If you could choose the best of any mage and rogue in the world to play RMP with, who would you choose and why?
A: at 80: kali – best rogue at 80 by far (Hyren was up there before he quit), orangemarm/pookz.(best damage/cc balance)
at 85: RogueWhoDoesMostDamage, MageWhoDoesMostDamage :):):):):) cata :):):):):):):):):):)
7. What are your hobbies besides gaming?
A: Drinking, Gym, football, finding new huge music, random trips to Denmark to see jesper and party it up!!!!!
8. If Blizzard gave you a chance to make this game better, what would you do?
A: Listen to the community and make small balance tweaks instead of huge random changes like lolboytotem(spirit link totem). Use some ‘brainplz‘ to come up with changes that dont affect pve AND pvp. MAKE THE GAME FUN AGAIN!
9. What are the most fun moments related to WoW that you can remember?
10. What are your plans for your future in WoW, or are you going to quit?
A: You’ll have to wait and see :)
This weekend, Arena Tournament are hosting a festival celebrating the fun of RMP. The world’s best RMP players will be queueing up together and playing each other; no prizes to play for, just the fun they find in what is considered to be WoW’s best arena match-up.While this is under way we will be going to great effort to make sure that as many of the participants will have live streams available in the streaming section. We hope the streamers will be able to answer any questions asked in our IRC chat during the event.The games will be hosted using Wrath of the Lich King’s 3.3.5 patch, which should be both a welcome blast of nostalgia and the best experience for participants and viewers alike.
Participants in the games include:
Now onto the special part of this whole festival: We have absolutely no problem with you guys joining up on AT and playing against the collection of talented and highly skilled players who will be taking part. Think you and your friends are a better RMP? Prove it! Think you’re better at vanishing blinds than Kalimist? Prove it! Think you’re better at dying before Ice Block than Daanzka? Prove it! (<3)
All you have to do is go over to Arena-Tournament, download the client, make an account, and get your team up to speed ready for the weekend of games ahead. The games will be hosted on a special event server over the weekend where only Rogues, Mages, and Priests are allowed to queue for arena.
• Wind Shear now has a 25-second base cooldown, up from 6 seconds.
• Ancestral Healing now also causes the shaman’s heals to increase the target’s maximum health by 5/10% of the amount healed, up to a maximum of 10% of the target’s maximum health, for 15 seconds. This effect does not stack if multiple Restoration shaman are present, and does not apply to heals from procs.
• Riptide’s periodic healing coefficient has been increased by 50%. The initial direct heal is unchanged.
This is again another occurrence of over nerfing utility instead of fixing the real issues and PvE adversely affecting PvP. The solution is a separation between the two, which is something I intend to write about in a future post. Overall, the changes so far are very much underwhelming.
Also I’ll be sorting through the questions for Ask Hydra later on today (Wednesday) so you still have time to get them in and vote for the ones you like.
Hydra will be answering your questions in a few days time. So if you’ve ever wondered what he dislikes most about Cataclysm, if he’s planning to do arena with Kalimist again, what his shoe size is (maybe someone wants to know?) or you’re looking for some general Priest tips, then this is your chance.
In order to submit a question, post a comment below. We’ll be selecting about 8 of the most popular questions and putting them to Hydra in a few days time.
Vote for the questions you’d like to be answered by giving them thumbs up.
You can submit as many questions as you like, but ask each question in a separate comment.
Update: Will be sorting through the questions tomorrow so plenty of time to still get them in and vote for the ones you like.
The top ten questions have been selected and will be answered in due time.
posting on behalf of malaco
Most of you may be glad to hear that we have just set the date for the next 3vs3 tournament.
Due to the success of the last tournament and the great support of our donating players we managed to pull out some even higher prize money as for the last tournament. The tournament will be a Melee / Caster / Healer tournament again. For those who are new or those who simply don’t know what this means:
You will only be able to queue up / qualify, if your team consists of those three type. (Hunters are counted as melee)
The qualification will start today and will last till the 7th of October, the actual tournament will be played at 8th and 9th of October starting at 18:00. As usual the tournament will be streamed and commentated, this time by Maven who streamed the last tournament aswell and one which most of you probably heard of: Azael. This tournament there will only be 8 spots and no preinvites which means that everyone has to qualify (No exceptions).
The prizes are as follows:
Previous tournament video!
P.S. The client can be downloaded here: http://www.arena-tournament.com/Arena-tournament.com_3.3.5.torrent