|KINGKONGOR - 300...|
2 Hs 30 Mins
1 H 9 Mins
11 Hs 30 Mins
|Pshero 2700+ |
5 Hs 3 Mins
2012 Arena Pass Registration Open. Realm Coming April 24th. Plus Battle.net World Championship 2012.
Posted by Ceon - April 11, 2012, 14:16
Unfortunately, in the 543th communications disaster of Cataclysm, the Arena Pass realm will not go live until the 24th of April. This is only partly Blizzards fault. You can, however, now register for the Arena Pass. Last year Blizzard announced that registration for the Arena Pass was open on the 5th of May and did not mention when the Arena Pass Realm would actually go live. This occurred on the 11thof May last year.
Firstly apologises for my previous post which erroneously stated the Arena Pass was going to start April 10th. The previous structure of the Arena Pass should have told me different. However, Blizzard needs to improve their announcement of the Arena Pass in the future. A simple sentence in the registration announcement last week stating the Arena Pass Realm would go live on a specific date or in the near future would have taken little effort and clarified the matter for the community.
Let’s now take a look at the details and structure of this year’s Arena Pass Realm coming your way April 24th. We’ll also take a look at the Blizzard Invitational 2012.
Cost, Registration, Prizes and other Details
Registration costs $20, €15 or £12 depending on your location. You can register in the US by clicking here and in the EU by clicking here. Do note, while there’s no notifications as yet about Registration closing, it did close just before the final two week phase of the Arena Pass last year. Therefore, if you wish to take part in the Arena Pass or simply want access to the bonus Mists of Pandaria Arena Pass later this year, you’ll want to make sure you register sooner rather then later.
As with the previous year, the following Prizes will be available:
- Players who participate in at least 50 rated Arena Pass games on one character and with the same team by the end of the online qualifier will be eligible to receive the Armored Murloc pet for their live characters.
- Players who are a member of one of the top 1000 teams at the end of the online qualifier and have participated in at least 100 rated Arena Pass games on a character on a qualifying team will receive the “Vanquisher” title for their live characters level 71 and over.
The character you use to qualify for these prizes will need to qualify on the same team and must remain on that team for the duration of the Arena Pass.
We’ll discuss the structure, gear available and Blizzard invitational 2012 in a moment. Before that here are some additional details:
- By participating in this year’s Arena Pass, you will receive access to an exclusive level-90 Arena Pass realm after Mists of Pandaria launches and you have upgraded your account to the new expansion.
- Up to three level-85 characters per registered account.
- All characters and teams on the Arena Pass realms are searchable and have full profiles on the Armory (EU/US). The Arena Pass Teams Ranking section also features a ladder for the Arena Pass realms, which is updated daily. In addition, a special Arena Pass forum has been set up on the World of Warcraft website for Arena Pass discussions.
- You can have up to six players on your 3v3 Arena Pass team. The additional players will act as ‘bench’ players in case one of your starting three cannot play, or if you want to change the makeup of your team.
Providing the initial start date is not altered, the Arena Pass should play out like this:
April 24th – May 8th
- During this period you will be able to enjoy the Arena Pass Realm and practice your setup with your friends. Matches played during this phase will not count towards the pet and title prizes.
Ranked Ladder Phase 1
May 8th – May 22nd
- All Arena Rating points will be set to zero when this phase begins. Ranked 3v3 matches played during this phase will count towards the pet and title prizes. If a player switches from one Arena Team to another, the Arena Team that the player joins will have their Arena Rating reduced by 150 points.
Ranked Ladder Phase 2
May 22nd – June 5th
- Ranked 3v3 matches played during this phase will count towards the pet and title prizes. During the Ranked Ladder Phase 2 of the Arena Pass Service, players cannot switch Arena Teams.
The gear listed thus far is what was available during Season 9. This could be an error and may not be representative of what will actually be available when the Arena Pass Realm goes live. However, this portion of the FAQ suggests it’s accurate:
Why is the gear for the Arena Pass realm not equivalent to the level of gear on the live realms?
We have chosen a large selection of epic gear for our participants to ensure a competitive playing field. For the sake of consistency, items on the Arena Pass realm will not always be able to correspond to the level of gear on the live realms.
The cynical part of me firmly believes this is out of sheer laziness. This is the same gear that was available during in last year’s Arena Pass. It would appear they just haven’t bothered to update the vendors. With few major balance changes since, we’re likely to see a repeat of last year’s final results. If this ends up been the case it’ll be a real shame. Although RLS and triple DPS probably won’t be as dominant as they currently are on live so that’s a plus. Personally though I’d much prefer to see this played out with season 11 gear with some restrictions on the current PvE gear available on live.
As stated above though, this isn’t 100% certain and we’ll need to wait for the Arena Pass Realm to go live before making any final judgements.
Blizzard Invitational 2012
The next BlizzCon will not be held until 2013. However, Blizzard is holding the Battle.net World Championship Event later this year:
Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012, the Battle.net World Championship will host this year’s StarCraft II and World of Warcraft Arena World Championship tournaments. Blizzard gamers and eSports fans from around the world will be invited to attend and witness some of the most skilled pro players on the planet battle it out for cash and glory.
We’ve yet to receive any further details of the event, but, no doubt, the final rankings on the Arena Pass will be used to determine the participants in the World of Warcraft tournament. We’ll need to wait and see for confirmation, but it’s likely going to be the case.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned to Hydramist for further details and coverage of the Arena Pass Realm in the coming weeks.